Doug's RC Page
Great Planes Trainer 40 Kit (Sadly it was Discontinued)
This kit was started in the fall of 1995 and was completed during mid-summer of 2001 after getting back into the hobby after work settled down.
- I built this kit with an Tower Hobbies .46 BB engine.
- The kit was designed for two different dihedral options and I chose the lesser one to facilitate my transition into more aerobatic models.
- I designed my own trim scheme using MonoKote based on the red/white scheme pictured on the kit box.
- With very minimal throws specified, I didn't think this plane would do much and even wondered if I would be able to correct any problems with trim/stick. I was wrong. This plane flies wonderfully and with the Tower 46 (still breaking in) I am having fun with some aerobatics.
- This plane still has the ability to fly slow and is easy to land. It is a shame this kit was discontinued.